Erica online

Tuesday, October 14

Just got off work at the drop-in.
Here is what I am processing...just thinking out loud here folks.

Firstly, it was a good night. About 70 kids, no fights, some swearing and a lot of
excitement over the new building. But even with it being a good night, its hard to
witness.

Its like the seeing the degeneration of civilized society right before my eyes.
Spitting (like loogies), farting, swearing, all manner of sexual insults to each other,
punching, kicking (play but still rough) and general disrespect for all authority.
They have to listen or they get kicked out but they cross lines I never would have.
So what's my question?

Have I gotten old or have things changed that much?
Is it that I've gone "soft" with being home with my two little ones and I need to be desensitized again or are kids getting worse?

So, I have simple question to all read this, what's happening to the world?
Please be brief in your response to this (if you have the answer) as the comment section is pretty tiny, and its a pretty big question.
Erica at 10:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home