Erica online

Tuesday, April 20

An exciting night tonight.

I went to work at the drop-in tonight and it was pretty much uneventful up until 8:30pm.
I just left the Zone (drop-in building) and was heading over the gym (also part of the drop-in program) and I see this huge crowd of kids hanging out by the doors.

I don't think much of it as I slowly saunter over to see what's happening. Two big 18 year old guys, are kicking the crap out of each other while 40 other big guys cheer them on.
Both of them are probably around 6 feet and 200 lbs, so what's the logical thing to do?
Erica just jumps right in there. All 100+ lbs (I'm not telling how much +, so don't ask) of jumps in and starts screaming "that's enough! break it up! Tyler! Moe! ENOUGH!!!"

I'm screaming as loud as I can while they hold each other and try pulling the shirts over the other's head while I'm hearing SMACK! CRACK! They both are getting some really good shots in. Blood starts flying! And now I'm starting to get mad, I'm hollering "Enough!" and to the boys on the side lines "SHUT-UP! You're NOT helping! Go back inside!" So finally as I'm screaming enough, I manage to step between the two fo them.

I'm yelling "You...Inside! You....Start Walking that direction! Go! Now! You're both out for at least 2 weeks! (and to the guys on the side making comments, bets etc) If you want to be next, keep talking! Get your butts back in the gym!"

The whole thing lasted all of 2 minutes I'm sure but its an intense two minutes and it seems to last a long time.

I still have a buzz from the adrenaline. I can be quite the bad-ass drill sargeant when I need to be!

And aside from the stress between my shoulders right now, I really love my job! Crazy eh?
Erica at 9:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home