Erica online

Saturday, August 28

Here I am, back at the lake. Its been a very stress-free relaxing weekend so far. Tonight we are invited to another cabin for a marshmellow roast. We'll see what time the girls go to bed after the extra sugar!!! :)

This afternoon was relaxing, I sat on a deserted beach watching my kids play in the little sand dunes and building sandcastles--only to crush them--
I was watching them and reading Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul. (don't have to worry about the kids drowning if I take my eyes for a moment, the water is sp cold they won't go near it! ha ha ha)

As I read story after story from mothers whose children had grown and how they longed to have a moment or two back, and how fast it goes. Stories about the joys and priviledges of being a mother, I thought to myself, "Why the heck I am reading this book instead of making sandcastles with my kids?"
So that's what I did. I came to the cabin FULL of sand and we were all smiling away. (Oh, I was full of sand due to Isabella's SURPRISE game! It involves burying her hands and then shouting "surprise" as she flings them out and throws sand everywhere. Its pretty much a guarantee that any game Bella invents includes a mess of some kind).

This evening after supper, DJ played with the girls while I went for a bike ride by myself. Quite the adventure! First of all, my quads are burning! Yowza! Those hills will get you! But it was great, about halfway through the ride, I passed a deer on the bike trail. Now the deer around here are tame....too tame! It didn't even move. I had to say "shoe deer" so I didn't hit it. I could have reached out my hand to hit it ---if I were so inclined, but I wasn't---I'm not the deer-slapping kind. But that's how close it was.

Positive thought of the day: At least it was a deer and not a bear.
Time to go to the marshmellow roast.....
Erica at 6:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home