Erica online

Tuesday, August 17

Here is a conversation I overheard between my daughters today:

R: Bella, what's your favorite color?
I: Uh...blue.
R: No, its red.
I: Okay.

This got me to thinking about the birth order phenomenon. My first born corrected my second born's opinion and she was okay with that!

The first born's self-confidence is something I don't relate to that well. Being confident and self-assured is a trait in my older (first born) sister that I have always admired. It is a trait that attracted to me to my (first born) husband. But its not really something I understand.

I mean, what if you are wrong? That thought doesn't occur to Rebecca. She is completely convinced, she is 100% correct. Amazing!

As her mother, I am thrilled. I am proud to have such a self-assured, confident daughter. But its still not something I understand. Does a shadow of doubt never cross her mind? I see these traits in other first borns, and I'm bewildered. I admire and respect that kind of gumption but I'm still scratching my head.




Erica at 10:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home