Erica online

Sunday, October 24

Just processing the magnitude of God that Brian (one of our pastors) has been speaking about...the glory, the biggness and the beauty of God.

Then I applied these thoughts to people, because I love people.

I was thinking, when you talk to people who have relationship with God, they always have a different focus or perspective than you do. Some love worship, justice, intimacy, truth, grace, or any other attribute of God you could name. We tend to gravitate towards the people who like the same things about God that we do.

The negative side of this can be the bickering that results when we see different likes and dislikes in each other about God. We want to focus on different things, or talk about different things. But one attribute is not better or worse than any other. Its all God and its all good.

God is just too big for our itty-bitty teeny minds and we can't take it all in at once. I am learning to appreciate people who like different things about God than I do. I want to get to the place where the focus is on God, where we can find common ground. I want to be able to say, I love that you love *blank* even if its not my thing, and learn why other people get such a kick out of it.

Not sure if this about unity or just plain old fashioned Canadian conflict avoidance!

Erica at 7:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home