Erica online

Wednesday, July 20

Sleep-Over = Sleep-In!!!

My sister rocks! She took my kids tonight for their first sleep-over at Aunty Cheryl's!
They were excited to have their first sleep over and handled it with excitement and bravery. The girl's parents did alright (called about 4 or 5 times!) but they are learning!

It has dawned on me that I can sleep in tomorrow! No children will wake me up, and I can just laze around until I am hungry or until I want juice or until I need my bum wiped. Whatever happens, it'll be all about me!
Selfish?
Yes!

But here are my thoughts on sleeping in for a mother of small children. Since it happens so rarely it should be done properly, with much self-indulgence.
This is how I feel about my opportunity to sleep in: DON'T WAKE ME UP!!! FOR ANYTHING!!!

If my hair is on fire? --just leave it alone! I'll smell the smoke eventually and turn over. I'm already stopped, I don't need to drop, I'll just roll. Don't wake me up!

If the house is being robbed? --Call the police and leave the premises. Protect yourself and the jewellery, they won't steal me, I don't pawn well. Just don't wake me up!

If I am bleeding from the head? -- don't worry! Its just a head wound. It happens! And if I bleed to death, well, maybe it was just my time to go. Don't wake me up!

My bed is calling, I must go sleep.....
Erica at 10:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home