Erica online

Monday, January 23

Missed Opportunities???

As I think about heading out of my twenties and stare down the barrel of the BIG THREE-O,
I become more introspective. I tend to look at my life thus far, and wonder about some of the choices I made or didn't make.

I grew up in a remote area, so many opportunities that might have been were not.
As my daughters are getting older and see all the possibilities available to them...ballet lessons (or any other form of dance), piano lessons (or any other instrument), skating lessons, martial arts, any kind of sports teams, horse-back riding, gymnastics, swimming...you name it...its all here and available to them!

I have to hold myself back from signing them up for everything under the sun just because I can. I think, "oh man I would have loved to do that, let's sign 'em up!". (But I must remember they are not me, and will have different interests so I must consult them before throwing them into advanced killer-monkey jui-jitsu).

This got me thinking about opportunities for myself, and maybe its not too late for me!
For example, I've always wanted to learn to dance a little (just for socials, weddings etc).
So is it too late? I don't think so.
Sure, I may need a chiropractor, and massage therapy after dance lessons. There is also a possibility that I may need physiotherapy or traction but isn't it worth a try?

With all these t.v. shows like Dance with the Stars or Skating with Celebrities, I'm inspired to try things just to try them. The intention is not to become an olympian or professional at any of these things, just to try it and possibly improve my life.
There are a couple differences between myself and the people in these shows.
While I don't have the advantage of a professional trainer, there is also no risk of public humilition so in the end I think I break even.

So today, I will try something new.
I don't want to look back when I'm 60 and say, why didn't I do such-and-such when I was only 30...what a missed opportunity!
Erica at 7:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home