Erica online

Monday, January 9

Bedtime Story...

Tonight I had a quite a laugh as I tucked my little Rebecca in at story time.
We received a very lovely, hard cover book of bedtime stories this holiday.

I opened it up to the first story in the fairy tale section of the book, which
happened to be Hansel and Gretel by Hans Christian Anderson.

I could tell Rebecca was a little nervous as the story began with the parents planning
how to get rid of the children. I thought it might be a little scary for her so I asked if
she wanted me to stop the story but she wanted to see what happened.

I got as far as the witch (I said "old hag") saying "I'll fatten him up to eat him" when Rebecca
interrupted me...
"Okay wait! He's a little boy right?"
"Yes."
"She wants to eat a little boy? We better switch books mommy, this story is too craaaa-zy!"

We switched to a happier bed time tale!
I guess we'll save Hans Christian's tales for when she is a teenager!
Erica at 10:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home