Erica online

Tuesday, February 7

Quarantine...

The thing about having a kid with chicken pox is, you are pretty much housebound.
Normally, I would take them to school, or meetings with me, take them to
play with their friends, take them to church or go for breakfast with Grandma(s).
The pace of our lives has gone from corvette to chevette.

Is this a complaint?

No, actually its not. This has been a nice change. I think the girls and I needed a rest and
this is the perfect opportunity (excuse) to do just that. We've spent hours just relaxing and cuddling, and watching t.v. We eat whenever and take care of whatever needs arise without
concerning ourselves with anything going on in the outside world. Its kind of nice.
I could get used to this.

I know the adrenaline junkie in me would be bored within a week, but there is a calmer, quiet piece of me who is enjoying the nothingness.
Perhaps if I were quiet more often I could listen to the peaceful part of me before 'Efficiency-Erica' starts barking orders at herself again! "Produce!!!!! Produce!!! Get this stuff done! Yesterday!"

I need a new adage to describe this situation:
Out of the fire into the nice cooshy-soft pillow!
or
Between a cotton ball and a dab of whipped cream.
Erica at 8:16 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home