Erica online

Monday, March 13

Jealousy...

What do you have that I want?
Nothing.
Everything.

The people with whom I have relationships are varied. Some are humble, some are pure, some are clever, some are beautiful, some are artistic, some are wise and the list goes on.
It isn't the existence of these qualities in people that inspire me to jealousy. It is the people who display these characteristics effortlessly and with excellence.

There is nothing more beautiful than a person who has discovered he or she is and begin to live life according to that truth. Watching a person's destiny unfold is a thing of beauty that inspires me. This makes me jealous.

I'm not jealous for the beauty or wisdom that someone else has achieved, that belongs to them, if it was meant for me, I would have it. It isn't the qualities, or possessions of other people that I am jealous for. It is those people that already live in their destiny that I wish to emulate. I want to be living my own destiny or purpose or call or whatever term people use.

I know many people who have no interest in sports at all but they will watch the Olypmics religiously. Why?
Because the games are filled with stories of destiny. Every event has a different althete who had to overcome great odds to become the best or to even qualify for the Olympics. It is tangible evidence of determination, discipline, and passion coming together to create a sense of destiny. This inspires people. It inspires me.

When I see someone who is so passionate about something they align their lives to serve that truth, I am jealous for that kind of life.
Erica at 2:56 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home