Erica online

Wednesday, March 8

A New Friend!!!

Today Rebecca met a new friend in her swimming class. She was a sweet little girl from India who was shy and a little afraid at the beginning of the class. Rebecca walked up and introduced herself thus, "Hi! I'm Rebecca, wanna be friends? What's your name?"

Throughout the remainder of the class, the little girl followed Rebecca around, and they giggled and played together as though they'd been friends forever. At one point, the other little girl was even hugging Rebecca instead of doing what the teacher was saying, which Rebecca quickly corrected. (She is very friendly but rules are rules, and rules mean alot to her!!!)

I was so touched watching the scene until we got into the shower room.
Rebecca was not aware that I had been watching the whole class from the observation area, and I already knew about her new friend. So (in a LOUD voice) she introduced me to her little friend.
Pointing her finger at her showering friend she blurted out, "Mom! That's my new friend! That one there! The BROWN one!"

Yikes!
Erica at 10:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home