Erica online

Saturday, February 25

Confessions of a Pack-Rat...

We've all heard the saying, "everytime you hear a bell ring, a fairy gets its wings".
I have a new adage to add to our popular culture, "everytime you throw out a momento, a pack-rat dies of a massive coronary heart attack!"

While packing for the new house, I am forced to sift through bags, boxes and drawers of long-forgotten treasures.
Yes, its true that I haven't seen these items in 3 years but they still mean something to me.
For some reason or other, we bonded. They are my loyal friends, how can I part with them?
A piece of ribbon from the pew at my wedding.
A broken glass trinket that Isabella bought me on mother's day.
An old cross-word puzzle that I vowed to complete (without help) stuffed in a drawer.
A little craft made of popsicle sticks that Rebecca painted for me.
A small compact of dark purple eyeshadow that I'll never wear but it came with the set (I can't throw it out, its BRAND new).
A half-burned up candle that my friend Olga made for me.

I treasure my little collection of gifts even though I know that I should be clearing out space and cluttering up the new space before I even get there...But on the other hand....
MAKE ME!!!

Ps...Don't tell my sister that I am keeping this stuff or she really will make me. Seriously, she'll come over and throw out my stuff. I'm not kidding.
Erica at 2:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home