Erica online

Friday, February 17

You Are Such a Frog!!!

People are hilarious! In our never-ending search for a better understanding of our fellow human beings we create formulas to explain human behaviour.
Personality theories which categorize patterns of behaviour abound.
Each theory offers a different explanation as to why your husband left his sock on the floor rather than in the laundry basket.

Imagine how the marital arguments over the last generation have been shaped by various personality theories:

Enneagram or other "animal typing":
"You are such a frog! You did it again! You hopped off the log just like the therapist said you would and now I'm all warty again!!! Typical!"

Myers-Briggs:
"Stop thinking you big jerk, I'm trying to tell you how I feel! Remember what the test said? I am a sensitive feeler and you are a cold, heartless robot, uh..I mean thinker. You are so T.G.I.F.!!!"

Color-Typing:
"Oh great! There you go being all purple again! I need GREEN!!!! Would it kill you to give me some green? Even a little blue might be nice but NOOOO!!! You gotta take the blue and throw RED all over it, and I end up having the same purple conversation! AGAIN!"

Gender-Typing:
"Oh yeah? Well I might be from Venus but at least I speak a little Martian!! If you love Mars so much don't you go live there?"

There is also birth-order typing, and type-A/type-B comparisons, the lists go on and on.
I am thinking about making one up so I can make a quick million and retire in the south of France. How about vegetables? That might helpful in a heated arguement.

"Typical carrot! I ask you a juicy, rind question and you give me a rigid, straight answer!"
"Well, at least I don't broccoli floret a hundred ideas at once and confuse you!"
"Hey the therapist said floretting was good for me! It helps me focus!"
"Yeah but while you are processing the folic acid is burning my brain!"
"Then why don't you leave me alone in the crisper for while and go cool off with some of your celery friends??!?!"
"Fine! But when I get back I expect those avacados to be firm!"

I think I might have something here!
Erica at 7:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home