Erica online

Sunday, February 12

Expensive George...

On Friday night, my husband and I took our girls to go see the new movie "Curious George."
The movie was great, very cute and sweet and funny for little people.
HOWEVER

(If you have listened to someone complain about the price of movie theaters in the last week, you have filled your quota and you may stop reading the rest of this post right now. If you have not had this conversation lately, read on because the price of movies is OUTRAGEOUS!!!).

For 2 adults and 2 children, it costs $34.50 JUST FOR THE TICKETS!!!
The popcorn and drinks were an additional $15.25!!

That's $50.00 RIGHT THERE!!! Seriously, $50.00!!!!!

You know what else I could do for $50.00???
Here are some ideas...(I thought you'd never ask)
  • I could make 6 spaghetti dinners to feed a family of four
  • I could buy 43 of ANYTHING at Dollarama
  • I could go anywhere in Winnipeg on the bus 25 times (in theory...I hate the bus)
  • I could see 22 movies at Cinema City
  • I could rent 50 movies at the library
  • I could buy 29 large slurpees
  • I could eat 34 cheeseburgers from Wendy's (including taxes)
  • I could take the bus to Selkirk 8 times (again, I wouldn't but I could)
  • I could buy 74 chocolate bars at the dollar store
  • I could take a limo to the airport
  • I could buy myself a decent moisturizer

The fact remains, if I had it to do over again, I would do it the exact same way.

My kids loved the movie and that is all that matters, HOWEVER...that doesn't change the fact that movie theater prices are RIDICULOUS!!!

That is my rant for the week.

Erica at 10:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home