Erica online

Monday, February 20

The Optomist...

Every parent thinks it is great when they see a little bit of themselves in their children. I think I'm an optomist and I try to find the brightside whenever I can.
eg. Using chicken pox to encourage counting to higher numbers

Yesterday while riding in the van we were listening a CD by Casting Crowns. Here is a snippet of the lyrics from the song "Voice of Truth" that were playing....

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me Time and time again,
"Boy, You'll never win!" "You'll never win!"
But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me I will choose to listen and believe
The Voice of Truth
Isabella was listening intently to the song and she blurted out,
"WHAT is he talking about? OF COURSE we win!!!"
(thus proving that the optomism gene has been passed on!!!)
I explained "that is what the song is about, not listening to the lies and knowing that we will win! The voice of truth is Jesus, and you just said what Jesus says."
Isabella replied, "I did??? Wow! Hey you guys! I said what Jesus says! Yay! I said what Jesus said! Did you know that Rebecca? I said what Jesus said."
This line of thought continued on into a chant..."I said what Jesus said. I said what Jesus said!" etc etc etc...
Erica at 9:46 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home