Erica online

Monday, February 16

Ahhhhhhh! Monday, life resumes order after the chaos of the weekend.

I've read to my girls from 7-7:30am (according to the little schedule I have on the wall)
Now I've got from 7:30-8:00 am while they watch a veggie tales to look at my agenda and plan my week.

But instead of planning, I'm here blogging. Well, the effort is there at least.
I'm trying to get more organized to rid my life of the "Help! I'm on a treadmill kind of feeling".
It reminds me a little bit of my friend Sean's hamster when we were growing up.
He (Sean, not the hamster) had a clear plastic ball he'd put the hamster in and it would run all over the place without ever leaving the ball. So he was going somewhere, but staying in the same place.
Somedays I feel like that hamster.....whoa! That was deep!

Rebecca woke up at 3am and 3:30am, DJ put her back in her bed at 4:30am and then Isabella woke up at 6am.
Needless to say, I'm feeling a little tired this morning.

And at 6am this morning, in my delirium I had a revelation. I HATE housecleaning. I hate it. I do it because I don't want germs and dirt to build up to the point where my kids get anthrax but I really hate it. Again, like the hamster....going around in circles but never really get anywhere. (Wow! that metaphore is great on so many levels).
I can clean and clean, but in the end....it'll just get messy again. Where is the POINT in this, beside preventing your kids from getting anthrax?) I just don't see it!
Erica at 8:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home