Erica online

Thursday, February 5

Glen Murray has a plan for Winnipeg....the new deal, then the newer deal, now the newest deal.

Well, I have a plan too. Here it is.

We need to encourage people to move to Manitoba. They keep complaining that we can't keep professionals here and people don't want to move here.

People are depressed in the winter and everyone is complaining about how cold it is. They start doing light therapy, psychotherapy and popping prozac like candy.

So my solution is this, every winter we give every person in Manitoba $10,000 for surviving the winter. That's it. Just for surviving.

People would be whistling while they shovel their driveways instead of grumbling.
In September you'd hear, "Yes, winter is coming! Woo-hooo! I love winter!" or "When is winter coming? I could really use the cash."

It'd be a financial reward, but also a badge of honor. I survived another Winnipeg Winter. And I have $10,000 to prove it.

Where should the money come from?
I haven't worked that out yet. Oh, I know. Property values would sky rocket. People would pay tons to live in Manitoba. So you could tax people who are moving into Manitoba. Yeah.

O.K. I admit I haven't worked out all the bugs yet. But I think its a start.
Knowing there was $10,000 at the end of winter would make me less likely to jump off the disraeli bridge because I have to put my kid's snowsuits and boots on AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! And fight with little fingers to get them into mittens ONE MORE TIME, when I know that they're just going to pull them off in 5 seconds anyway.
Yeah, $10,000 MIGHT be worth that frustration.
Erica at 4:21 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home