Erica online

Tuesday, May 18

Here's the fantasy:

I blade gracefully to the Y-MCA on a beautiful sunny day while my two smiling children quietly take in the scenery.

Here's the reality:

I'm pushing the extra 70 pounds of weight I hadn't figured in to the equation, and tired real quickly. Pouring sweat, heart pounding, red-faced and sucking wind badly, I begin to fear that my gums are bleeding from my rising blood pressure. My glutes are burning, my quads are shaking and delusion that I'm still in "good shape" is shattered into a billion pieces.

We make it half way to the Y when the kids spy a park and start asking "mommy can we play there".
"Of course you can sweetie", I stop and let them out of the stroller telling myself I'm a good mom to stop "for the kids".
(While my heart knows there a God, because He put that park there so I wouldn't have a heart attack trying to achieve my goal of making it to the Y.)

So, now I just have to make it home! I gather my energy and make a good push every once in a while. Parting for cardio training and partly to get home quicker.

Rebecca, one arm held high, is in the front of stroller yelling, "Faster, faster, faster.." And I'm already short of breath, and can't stop laughing at her.

Isabella is shrieking "wheeeeeeeeee" because we're sailing down the road. And Rebecca starts yelling whenever we pass a tree, "No! Mommy! Too close!"

Now I'm just braking down into fits of laughter. All red-faced and wild-eyed from the blading, with my two crazy kids yelling as we whip down the streets. Some ekderly lady out for a walk sees us, and starts to "tsk, tsk" me and shake her head.....well....I'm sure she never....

....which is too bad, because that's the most fun I've had in a long time! I'd highly recommend it! :)




Erica at 11:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home