Erica online

Monday, May 17

A new thought for a new day....

Usually I get depressed thinking about how often I have to clean my kitchen. Its always building up, and I'm always cleaning it but it never stays clean.

But last night, as I was cleaning, I thought about WHY my kitchen is always a mess.

Its the hub of my home. There are always people in it, they love to eat and play in my kitchen. I'm often baking or cooking something up in it.

It is a high traffic area, and I LOVE THAT!

I love that people enjoy gathering in my kitchen, eating the food I've made. I love the social activity and the opportunity to give out drinks, bits of my baking and generally be a hostess.

What a revelation! I think its great that my kitchen is a disaster. I'm not a failure because my kitchen is well used. I'm a successful host! I'm a cook! I'm a baker! I'm a MOM in my kitchen. And that is awesome.

So God bless my messy kitchen! Its the heart of my home!
Warm, loud and messy......just the way it should be!!!
Erica at 9:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home