Erica online

Friday, June 4

Here's my revelation for the middle of the night:

We're all mentally ill.

To different varying degrees, we believe things that are lies and live our lives according to warped beliefs and understandings about who we are.

SO tonight this is my public formum to break some of the lies that I believe about myself. (holy group therapy batman!)

- I'm not hideously fat and in need of losing 10 lbs to be lovable

- Being insecure doesn't make me a soft-hearted, "safe" person. Being broken by God has accomplished these things in me, but I don't need to hang on to insecurity to keep these characteristics, God is quite capable of making sure that happens

-Being busy is a NOT a measure of how important you are as a person. Sometimes its just doing too much and not knowing how to say "no" to people.
(which brings me to my next point)
-I can say "no" to people and still be lovable

-I am a GREAT mother. (not good, great) I'm doing the best I can and God's grace is big enough to cover my screw-ups.

So HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES???? I know this is all true RIGHT NOW, I'll let you know how I feel in the morning.
Erica at 1:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home