Erica online

Sunday, July 25

I had a bit of a revelation today.
Looking at my girls and noticing how BIG they are getting.
It dawned on me how quickly their infancy has gone by, as I watched two
little girls dancing together at church.
 
I made a promise to myself right then.  Every time I come across something that I can't do because I have small children (travel, sleep in, go to a matinee, have holiday days, do any kind of work uninterrupted) I will smile.  Rather than feel sorry for myself, I'm going to rejoice in having small children.  It is going so fast and I'll never get to do this again in my life. 
 
So here's to life with small children!  *raising a glass*
 
Here's to "Hi mommy!  What are you doing?"
Here's to "I love you mommy"
Here's to walking into a room and hearing "Mommy!" and having little arms wrapped around your legs!
Here's to tiny hugs, and soft little kisses. 
Here's to "Don't worry mommy, I'm ok"
Here's to "Can I help you mommy?"

I will try to celebrate my daughters every day, because they are worth it!
 

I also must add on a few "cutisms" that my daughters said today:
Isabella was running around all day saying "I have compladints".
We only figured out around 6:30pm that she was saying, "I have confidence".

Rebecca wrote her first song tonight, here are the words:
"Thank you Jesus, you make me glad.
Thank you for my mom and dad."

See?  It even rhymes!  I'm so proud of my girls!

Erica at 7:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home