Erica online

Tuesday, July 20

My kids are feeling better, so they are back to their boisterous, energetic selves.
However, I am now feeling sick.  They were kind enough to pass on their germs.
Thank you children!
 
I refuse to be bogged down with self-pity.
So instead of feeling bad about feeling sick, I will be grateful that summer colds are not terminal.
I shall turn all my negative feelings into a creative outlet.
 
Yes...... once again....out of my misery, comes a poem....
(prepare to be inspired)
 
ODE TO A SUMMER COLD
 
Even in this heat, I feel cold, isn't that funny?
My head is achy and my nose is runny.
 
On days when I feel all sick and crappy,
I'm so happy when my kids take a nappy.
 
I hate those viruses, those wretched bugs.
But thank God in heaven we have good drugs.
 
Sweet aspirin, and sinu-tab, pain killers too.
Without these crutches, what would I do?
 
I'd have to let the kids run wild in the house
While I convalesce with my blanket on the couch.
 
But with drugs, oh sweet drugs, my life can go on.
I can referee, nag and be a mom all day long.
 
Yet even with drugs, I must sometimes rest a bit.
For an hour or so, I'll let the boobtube babysit.
 
That's the end of this poem, of rhyme I've had my fill.
If it sucks, its ok, I'll blame it on the Benadryl.
 

Erica at 2:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home