Erica online

Sunday, July 11

Here's my latest sign of aging, I'm blogging about my medical ailments. Maybe if I get it all out of my system now, I'll have nothing to complain about when I'm 80!

The night before last, I was up all night, I was sooooo itchy and trying desperately not to scratch. Mosquito bites have never bothered me that much before. It felt like the bites were on fire. So the next morning, I show D.J. how many bites I have and more are appearing. He told me he thought it could be poison ivy.

So after some benadryl and cortizone cream, I was still going mental so DJ suggested I go to emergency to see a Dr. and get the prescription for it.

I was scared to go. I imagined this big, burly nurse yelling at me, "You wuss! Poison Ivy is NOT an emergency. Get out of my waiting room you suck bag!"

But in reality, the nurse was really great. She just happened to have poison ivy herself (thanks God) at that moment so she was very understanding. She had seen the dr. herself b/c she didn't want to wait til Monday either. We had a good laugh and compared spots. She told me I could expect upwards of 6 hour wait because of the "seriousness" of my injury. ha ha ha

But it turned out, there was not one emergency in E.K. last night so I was in and out in 20 minutes. (Thanks again God).

The pharmacist was also very kind and sympathetic.

So, now I don't think I'm a big wussie anymore. I have a serious condition and it must be remedied with much empathy, sympathy, and compassion. Feel free to leave any of the above on the comments.

ps...sarcasm will not be tolerated! hee hee hee
Erica at 8:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home