Erica online

Sunday, July 4

Normally, I blog everyday but its been quite a few days!

Preparing for the relatives to arrive, cooking, baking and cleaning. Then they got here, and what a crazy ride!

My dad's family are a boisterous bunch! They have energy to burn and they are a ton of fun. So its been visiting, planning for the memorial service, more visiting, more eating, more visiting.

Its been a great few days. Lots of excitement, memories, catching up, entertainment, and of course....FOOD!!!! Boy, we sure know how to eat too!

Its funny how being around people who were the staple of your social circle when you were a child changes the way you behave. Being around family (who are also friends)that were so much apart of my childhood changed my personality considerably. I felt very childlike, free and uninhibited. Not like a mother of two children. My husband (as usual) was the responsible and took the kids for most of the evenings so I could go out and play. What an amazing guy. I'm glad I married him. Especially today! Its our 7th wedding anniversary today! 7 years already.
Time flies!

So now I'll need a few days to get back to my regularly scheduled programming. Putting the kids back on a normal sleep schedule, get my house back in order, and recover from all the social activity. Its lots of fun, but so out of the ordinary for my life at the this point.

It was great to see my grandma, my aunt and my cousin from B.C. They drove all the way here, and still had boundless energy. My aunt is a very special person in my life. Her passion about many things has influenced my interests in life. Travel, languages, humor, working with teenagers, I have lots in common with her. She definitely has my respect, and her opinion of me, means so much. My cousin is just too sweet words. Watching her take care of my grandma was amazing. And my grandma is showing true grit in recovering from my grandpa's death. I think she is going to be okay, she's one tough lady. Quiet and soft spoken and yet as strong as the day is long. I think she'll be fine.

The relatives are gone. The excitement can subside now, and I'll try to get some sleep at last.

Erica at 10:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home