Erica online

Friday, August 6

I was robbed!No really! Robbed!

But seriously, I was robbed

.I got home from Rock Lake last night with the kids. This morning my sister and I went for breakfast with the kids (10:30am) and then grocery shopping. I dropped off my sister and came home (12:50 pm).

When I walked in the house, I noticed the kitchen window was open, the screen was off. The cupboard doors were open....uh oh! I grabbed the kids and went outside (just incase) with the phone and called the police and DJ from there.

Sure enough, they went through the house and took things of value that were light (they were on foot). They dumped out the bag from the lake that I hadn't unpacked and filled it up. They didn't even bring their own bag! They took each of the drawers out of my jewellery armoire and dumped it into the bag and left a huge mess in my room. Looking under the mattress etc.

They even took the jewellery from Rebecca's little jewellery box in her room.
We've already dealt with the police and called the insurance company. About $750 worth of DVDs and ALL our jewellery are gone. Including my engagement ring and wedding band.
My Christmas gifts from DJ over the years, DJ's gold watch (a grad gift) etc.

But you know what? I have incredible peace. My kids are fine, they came while we were out.
No one was hurt.
Its all just stuff. We're all safe and sound and stuff can all be replaced. I still feel safe in my house, and I'm not ready move out of East Kildonan! Ha ha ha

Lord, Bless this house. All I have is Yours! Thank You for Your protection over my family! What an awesome God I serve! He is sooo good to me!

Erica at 3:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home