Erica online

Thursday, July 29

I was raised in a household where nobody swore because it was a naughty thing to do.  (Which it still is by the way)
 
So when I got older, my siblings and I started swearing and laughing our heads off.  I still think its funny.  I don't know what's funny about it, its just weird that I'm saying this word and there are no consequences. 
 
But now I use them in moments of exasperation and I don't want my kids listening to those words (as they are still naughty words, naughty, naughty, funny words).
 
So I need something to say when I hit a volleyball out, hit my finger with a hammer, stub my toe etc.  I need to say something but swearing isn't appropriate anymore since there are now children in my house. 
 
So I've decided to replace all swear words with the word Blog. or Blogger.  Depending on what applies.  Here are some examples so you get the picture....
 
I stub my toe..."Oh blog!"
 
Hit my finger with a hammer...."Ouch!  Blog!"
 
Someone cuts me off in traffic...."Blog off!"
 
A teen at the drop-in is swearing and threatening me..."Why you little bloggin' blogger!  If I get ahold of you, I'm gonna kick the bloggin' blog out of you!  Blogger!"
 
That would be REAL professional!  I would never do it, but wouldn't it be funny!  But really those kids shouldn't push me too far.  You know what they say?  Never blog a blogger!
Erica at 8:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home