Erica online

Tuesday, September 14

Well... Paint Me Proud And Call Me Mommy!

Today was Rebecca's second day of pre-school. I was there to pick her up early (with all the other neurotic mommies). As we were early, it was before the rush of kids let out so the teacher had time to speak to each mom as we came in.

Mom#1: The teacher reassuringly told her that things went better than last time. Nervous mother one seemed relieved, as the teacher detailed how long he cried etc.

Mom#2: The teacher said that they needed to sit and meet to talk about the little student's shyness and anxiety about leaving mommy and daddy. Could they set up a time to meet?

Me: The teacher has this HUGE smile and tells me what a joy Rebecca is to have in her class. She starts to bubble over as she tells me how sweet, and cute Rebecca is (like I didn't know). She continues, "you should see her in the little kitchen, she invites all the other children to come and sit at the table and then she serves them pizza and tea...it was so adorable."

While I am beaming with pride, I nod in agreement about what a generous, sweet girl Rebecca is never letting on that I know there is also another motive at work.
Rebecca must just be just thrilled that she has a bunch of kids doing what she tells them to do. Don't get me wrong, she is sweet and lovely but she also is a FIRST born. I can just see her organizing the other kids into chairs while she serves them!

what a girl!
Erica at 2:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home