Erica online

Wednesday, April 6

Creation Works...

As I drove home this afternoon I was watching the bare trees along the side of the road.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought to myself, that reminds me of the pictures of "dendrites" (the branches of our nervous system in the brain) that I saw in my neuropsychology textbooks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then I thought, actually, that's interesting thought because that system of having an origin that branches out is used more than once in our bodies, our blood works that way.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So do our lungs, that branch out so we can breathe properly...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I guess God has used this system over and over again in nature because it works so well, so it must be perfect and effecient just like everything else He does AND it seems that most things on the earth have a parallel in the spiritual realm.

The most obvious thing that springs to mind, is Jesus saying He is the vine and we are the branches.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
But outside of being a good metaphor for a sermon, what does this actually mean? What are the practical applications of having a vine and branches work effeciently and perfectly?

It seems so simple and profound that I am convinced I have something to learn from this, I will think on it some more....
Erica at 1:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home