Erica online

Thursday, June 2

Baby? Who me?

Back to my daughter's obsession with having a baby brother. A baby brother whom she has now declared will be named Sammy, although her little sister objects to the name Sammy and thinks we should have a son named Lola.

So far, here is the history of Rebecca's imaginary baby brother...

In the beginning stages of the obsession, she would ask her mom and dad to have a baby brother. The desire took on a spiritual aspect when she began to pray nightly for a baby brother. The prayers went from "Dear God, can please have a new baby brother" to "Dear God, please tell mommy and daddy to have a baby, and make it one that won't be too much trouble."

The obsession progressed to the point where she began telling people about her baby brother in her mommy's tummy. At pre-school pick-up I would have to correct people who were smiling and congratulating me on my new bundle of joy. I would explain that her desire is only a reality in her head, and no I am not pregnant but thank you for thinking that I am fat enough to look pregnant!!! and....IS THAT A FAT JOKE???

Finally, she has taken another step...at prayer time at night, she insists that her parents pray about the baby too! She has her father asking God to open our hearts to any more children we may have!!! Hold the phone! Do I get a vote here??? This is mutiny!

This morning she told me what a great big sister she is, and how last night she sang three lullabies to her sister to put her to bed (which she did) and hasn't she proved she should have a baby????? Crap! Now she's using logic!!! She also informs me that if we have a baby, she will be really helpful and call me, and say, "Mom! The baby has a stinky diaper! Come change it!"

Luckily, I still have the upper hand........a memory. My kids aren't old enough yet that I've forgotten sleepless nights and pukey, poopy clothes. Let's all pray that my memory holds out under all this PRESSURE!!!
Erica at 7:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home