Erica online

Monday, June 6

A Perfect Match....

I believe in every marriage, there should be flighty spazz and a grounded geek. This way everyone has their own job to do and no one is confused. Let me explain....

If you have a grounded geek, they will read the instruction manual on everything new you buy and will be able to operate the new toy. The flighty spazz will be able to enjoy the toy.

The flighty spazz can make things fun and bring perspective when life gets too serious and anxious. Thus saving the grounded geek from an eventual ulcer from worrying about the mundane.

See? Geek/Spazz...Yin/Yang....its all about balance. It works!

As a flighty spazz (with geek tendencies) I am the one who is all about having fun. My job is to make sure we laugh as often possible. My husband takes himself too seriously to actually be a geek. He would be a nerd except he found a manual on "How to be Cool". It was written in HTML. He read it cover to cover. He then translated it into Vulcan for his friends. Though not a geek,he is very grounded. His job is to keep his family alive, a job he takes seriously and does well.

There is a place in our home where my not-so-geeky, grounded husband keeps the flashlight in case of emergency. This way, he reasons, if there should be a power outage, he can have light to manoevre around the house and keep his family safe and calm.

Its a good plan. And it would work if there wasn't an F.S. involved.
Just the other day, I had a sore throat again. I wanted to see if my throat was swollen and red, because it sure felt that way. So I got the flash light and went to the mirror to say "ahhhh".
Yep, it was swollen and red alright. I was right. I then took the flashlight and put it down.....some...where....in....the....house.....

Last night there was a power outage in the entire neighborhood. At night. It was dark.
Woulda been great to have a flashlight.

Oops!
Erica at 3:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home