Erica online

Tuesday, October 25

Stairs and Other Brain Farts...

"Stairs" is the winner in the public opinion poll on which photo is best! This suits me just fine as it is the one I had also chosen. Thanks for voting, loyal commentors! :)

I realized today that I cook like a true Winnipegger--yesterday I made Chinese, tonight I made Mexican and tomorrow I'm making Ukranian (perogies). If you throw in moose stew and a bannock burger I could run for Miss Folklorama!

This morning Isabella woke up from a nightmare about me and Rebecca leaving her behind. I explained that it was a dream, we were both home and it never really happened. She started laughing about how silly it was to cry about a dream which isn't really real. She is so interesting to parent! Rebecca's bad dreams tend to affect her mood all day and its NOT funny!

Rebecca is always making interesting observations, she doesn't miss anything! I told her today that I think she is really smart, and she asked if she was smarter than me. When I told her "not yet but someday you will be", she replied, "Yeah, you're right. You're still smarter than me, but I think I'm smarter than MOST four year olds." Yes! Smart and Humble!

Had a laugh in the YMCA change room today. A lovely little Ukranian Baba was changing while her 5 year old grandson wandered around. She wanted to make sure he wasn't bored while she changed I guess, and this was her method of entertainment. "Nicholas! Sit here and have a banana! Nico! Have a nice sandwich Baba make for you! My Nico! Here is some juice! Sweet boy have a cookie! Would you like a granola bar, Baba has more juice in her bag there." Finally, boredom got the better of him. He hopped off the bench and up onto the scale, asking his Baba to weigh him. She weighed him and said, "Nicholas! You are 52 pounds! That is too much for a boy your age!" I just lost it and burst out laughing. Baba didn't realize that she was the source of my entertainment, she was too busy pulling a turkey and mashed potatoes out of her pocket for Sweet Nico!

We are house hunting and praying and house hunting some more, we really want to seek God and do this thing right! In a spare moment, please pray for us.

Saw a play the other day, and they had one scene where a character is talking about her mother's funeral. I started crying because I missed my mom...how sad am I? By the way, my mother is not dead, only in Holland but if she were dead, my three year old already has dibs on her family ring! (See a few posts back for details!)

In the bath today Isabella was standing up to place her foam animals on the wall (who she informed me were biting each other's butts). I told her to sit down as I didn't want to see her slip and fall down. She suggested I look the other way!!! *What am I going to do with her? Once again, its pretty hard to discipline while laughing!!!*

Erica at 7:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home