Erica online

Wednesday, March 22

Thoughts on Friendship...

Fireworks are beautiful. I love to watch them on New Year's Eve and Canada Day, but if there were fireworks everyday, they would quickly lose their appeal. The attraction is the "thrill" of bright lights and loud noises, these attributes over an extended period of time become annoying.

Some friends that come into our lives are like fireworks. Its all fun, and flashy and exciting but the relationship doesn't have staying power. If you were a ship lost at sea, you wouldn't want to be guided by fireworks! That would have you spinning in circles!
When you hit storms in life, you need a lighthouse. Just the one, simple, steadfast light will do the job. It is our "lighthouse" friends that get us home safely when we are lost.

What I love most in life is finding a friend I can trust, who will share their heart and listen to my heart. This can not be every friend that I make. Some people are fireworks and some are lighthouses. I am learning to know the difference and not jump in before I know what I'm getting into.

This is what they call in Christianese "guarding your heart". I think the ability to discern (a word adopted by Christianese from English) the difference will make me a better friend and a better acquaintance, as well as resulting in fewer broken hearts for moi!!!
Erica at 9:04 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home