Erica online

Friday, April 21

Living at Disneyland...

This week was very much like an amusement park.

Sunday and Monday was sunny and mundane...coincidence? I think not.
It was relaxing like the ferris wheel at a summertime fair. I was warmed by the sun in Kansas City, and Monday was spent in the quiet of the car watching the countryside flash by on the trek back to Canada, listening to music and chatting with my sister about life and stuff.

Monday was followed by Tuesday. This often happens in my life.
Tuesday after a Monday, it happens. The result is usually the same, I pay the ticket for a ride that gets my adrenaline pumping and then leaves me nauseous and exhausted.

Tuesday to Friday is the lightening fast ride that makes a person unsure if the bolts will hold the roller coaster car on the track as it careens down that track at 200 miles per hour. Will the car hold together? Will the track let go of it's cargo? Will this tiny piece of fabric that it holding me to the seat keep me from sailing off into space?

Its been another roller coaster kinda week. Work, work, clean, clean, work, raise children, get frustrated with children, shout at children, apologize to children, work, clean, fall into bed asking God to grant more patience yet again.

Interestingly enough, if I visit amusement parks, I always avoid the roller coasters, and go towards the slower, more relaxing rides like the ferris wheel. I must learn again how to put a ferris wheel pace into a life that requires roller coaster speed.

*Aside* - that metaphore works very well for my musing about doing too much and being tired, but I also really like bumper cars...so what does that mean? Any analytical minds out there?
Erica at 9:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home