Erica online

Wednesday, May 3

Hangperson...

We want to be politically correct and not just play HangMAN, perhaps it should be called Hangperson? Read on...

Now that my girls have the concept of letters making up words, we've been playing Hangman with them. Depending on who is making up the words, the game can vary alot.

When I make up the blanks, I use simple words like CAT, RAT, MAT or BAT.

When Rebecca makes up the blanks, she uses the only two words she knows how to spell, so her answers are either R-E-B-E-C-C-A or B-E-L-L-A. So if you are ever playing this game with her, E and A are always a safe bet! No one's been hanged on her watch yet!

When Isabella is the person making up the words, things get interesting. When we guess letters, she just randomly says "Yes" or "No" and writes in letters where the blanks are.
So far she's invented words like E-G-V-A-R-A and E-Q-O-P-N. She likes words to begin with E for some reason.

I always enjoy playing this game with the girls as I find their rules highly amusing. However, Isabella made me laugh even more than usual yesterday when she asked about the name of this game:
"Mommy, why do they call it just hangman, why don't they call it hanggirl?"

I had no wise or insightful answer to her query. Therefore at her request, we played a game of Hang-girl, followed by Hang-Grandma and Hang-Papa and Hang-Aunty etc.

I'm glad that she is concerned about denying at person's right to execution based on gender or age, I think that is very generous of her.
I'm not sure if this inclusion is about equal opportunity for all people to be hanged or if is just reflective of homocidal tendencies, but I'm hoping its the former!
Erica at 7:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home