Erica online

Tuesday, May 9

Passion and Life...

Tonight I worked at a youth drop-in center for the first time in a couple of years! I came home feeling energized and excited! I LOVE working with youth and I get so much out of it!

The more I give, the more I feel filled up! There is something about working with youth that multiplies energy, and life for me.

I am passionate about meeting the challenge that every new moment can present. I think its a little bit of an adrenaline rush but its also so rewarding.
Example: tonight there were two boys who were chasing each other and fighting all the time. I set up a basketball game (around the key) in which they played against the girls as a team, and they had to play like a team in order to win.
After 10 minutes, they were cheering each other on and working together. That is such a great feeling.

I still find adolscent girls (12 to 14 yrs) terribly annoying but I even enjoyed them tonight.
I had to have a little chat with one particulary mouthy one, but we came to an agreement which was suitable....to me anyway! I gave her a cordial invitation to go home or to stay and speak to the staff respectfully. She chose wisely and we had her company for two hours.

My dad dropped by and played basket ball with a couple of little boys for awhile. That was nice to see too! Although I think he may be sore tomorrow! But the boys really enjoyed playing with him.

I'm so happy to be back with the youth, even if it is only for a short while.
Erica at 11:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home