Erica online

Sunday, August 27

Changing Opinion Poll...

Alright I admit it, I have been neglecting the Opinion Poll on the side bar of my blog.
That Shakespeare opinion poll must have been up there for at least a few monthes.
Apparently people like "Romeo and Juliet" and "MacBeth" the best. Aside from those
who hate Shakespeare altogether.

So I've done it.
I've changed the poll, but not just that, I'm changing the rules on my blog.

Here are the new rules:
If something on the opinion poll (or a post for that matter) provokes a thought in your head, please leave it in the comment section.

This can be done by clicking on the word "Comment?" and then filling in the little box with your comment. (That means you Lissie!!! I know you are lurking!)

Comments can even be left anonymously but in terms of conversation, not knowing who I am addressing makes discussion a bit awkward.

Why am I encouraging comments? I would hate to think that all my thoughts are correct, wise, intelligent and insightful. That would make me soooo boring! Since no one is contradicting me, I am left with the assumption that I am always correct. What a tragedy!
I would love to hear the different perspectives of other people on various subjects. It encourages me to think about things I might not have considered otherwise.

The exchange of ideas is what I love about interaction with other people.
However this isn't really personal interaction, is it? Erica, you could consider that the internet is impersonal and out of social context being on a computer screen and all. Perhaps the internet is not the place to have a conversation!!!

See what I did there?
I disagreed with my first thought on the value of leaving a comment. This gave another perspective. Now this could lead to a conversation and exchange of ideas which is limited in expression but convenient in terms of time and space.

TIME:
Some of my friends are very busy and we don't get together as often as we would like, so a quick comment sends the message "I'm thinking about you" or "here is what I think about that matter". It allows for some interaction (although limited) which does not require finding childcare or taking away from family time or ditching work.

SPACE:
Some of my friends are very far away and I never get to see them and rarely get to talk. My blog is a valuable connection to Rebecca, Vanessa, Rhonda, Joyska, Nancy and of course my mom. Even though we are far apart, it warms my heart when I see their names on the comment section and I know they are still connected to my life. This has value to me.

So feel free to comment so I can keep in touch with those I love, get to know those I've just met and have conversations with those who wish to converse or debate.

Or if you'd rather lurk....whatever!
I guess you're just not cool!
What do you say to THAT???
Nothing! Because you're lurking!
Ha!
This is good. I think I will start insulting the lurkers on my site to provoke them into commenting.
MmmmmmWwwwwwwHaaaaaaaHaaaaa
(that's an evil laugh by the way)
Erica at 8:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home