Erica online

Thursday, September 14

Overheard in the Seales Van...
Mommy: When we get home, mommy is going to help Rebecca with her homework. Isabella, you will get some special daddy/daughter playtime, okay?
Isabella: Hey daddy, what do you want to do with me?
Daddy: I don't know, what did you want to do?
Isabella: I know! We could play polly pockets! Do you know how to play Polly Pockets?
Daddy: (laughing) No, I don't know how to play Polly Pockets. (thinking he has escaped playing dolls)
Isabella: (getting excited) I can teach you! Its not hard, you just have to do what I do. First you just take the doll and you move it around with your hand and you use a voice like this (using a high pitch girl voice) "Hello! I'm wearing a pretty dress, do you wanna be my friend?"
Daddy: (realizing he's not getting out of playing dolls) Yeah, I guess I could do that....
Rebecca: Daddy, don't worry. You can do it. Its just like playing Barbies, only the dolls are alot smaller. Its okay. Isabella will show you how.
I think its so sweet, the way the girls are willing to take daddy under their wing and show him how to play dolls. They assumed his reluctance to play dolls must be anxiety so they were so encouraging and helpful. It was adorable.
Erica at 1:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home