Erica online

Friday, September 8

Response to Tag...

I got tagged on Rebecca's blog awhile ago and I'm now doing this interesting little questionnaire, where upon at the end of it, I can tag other people because I think it is interesting.

A book that changed my life:
Breaking Free of Rejection
by John Paul Jackson
-great practical book that deals with personality, and human relationships and ways to break free of the bondage and cycles of rejection- changed how I dealt with people!

A book I read more than once:
The Red Tent
by Anita Diamant - just a really, really good read-
Roots
by Alex Haley - great story, interesting perspectives-

A book I would want on a desert island:
Not to sound too "holy roller" or cliche', but I would want my Bible because you can read it over and over and it is always different, it never gets old.

A book that made me laugh:
Any book by Adrian Plass makes laugh outloud. He is so funny! Also the entire series by James Harriot made me laugh. Those brits just crack me up.

A book that made my cry:
Fundamental Statistics for Behavioural Sciences (it was painfully dull)

A book I wish had been written:
You're Not a Jerk, You're Just Religious!
-it would address critical attitudes and judgments of the church on the world. It would be written from a secular perspective and be translated into Christianese. All the f-words would be written like this *@#* so as not to offend! It would explain who the "brood of vipers" really are, and conclude that God's love is soooo amazing and merciful that He will accept people who've been churched at the end of time. Amazing Grace!- It would sell at least 4 copies!-

A book I wish had never been written:
My diary in grade seven. Talk about a book that makes you cry!

A book I am currently reading:
Pages from Canada's Story - quick historical overview of Canadian history -written quite awhile ago and ranges from politically incorrect to downright racist
The Beginner's Guide to Hearing God by Jim Goll - good tips
Bread and Wine by Ignazio Silone - English translation of an Italian novel by a political exile
How to Meet in Homes by Gene Edwards - a book that flies in the face of North American church culture, and questions the roots of traditional religious practises-

A book I've been meaning to read:
Freakonomics by Steven Levitt
Fear No Evil by Brad Jersak
I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

The people I wish to tag next are the following:
My mom, Joyska, Yvonne, Vanessa, Judi, Lynne, Cindy, Rhonda and Cathy.
Erica at 7:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home