Erica online

Saturday, September 9

Senior's Moments...

I am making soup from Grandma P.'s recipe and I needed a spice that was not in my cupboard. Grandma told me I could get it from a little shop that serves mostly senior citizens, as it is situated near many senior's apartment blocks.

I laughed as I wandered through the store and witnessed several people having a "senior's moment." These lovely white-haired ladies would stand perfectly still in the middle of the aisle waiting for the brain stall to cease. Their eyes rolled up and a little to the left as they searched through their memory banks trying to remember what it was they came to buy. You could almost see their minds snap back into action as they remembered what they were doing, came back to life and carried on with their shopping.

I giggled as it looked like there was someone with a cosmic remote control pressing pause and play and pause and play on the minds of senior citizens like a strange, cruel video game.

I shared these thoughts with my mother-in-law when I got home. I told her my funny take on shopping seniors and how it amused me.
She did not think it was funny.
She also reminded me that I am not as young as I used to be, and it will not be that long before I am standing on pause in the shopping mart trying to remember what was on my list.

Ahhhhhh....the wisdom of the ages. That is what I love about her, she is not afraid to whip my impudent butt back into shape when I need it. She will teach me patience, compassion and remind me how quickly life goes by. And in return, I will remind her what day it is and which shoes go on which feet!
Ha! Ha! Ha!

(For those who think this is cruel to be taunting a senior citizen, you must know that I really do love my mother-in-law but I am harassing her into commenting on my blog. Ok Liz, now I've made a smart-ass remark about you, the comment button is at the bottom of the post....what do you have to say for yourself???)
Erica at 4:13 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home