Erica online

Saturday, December 2

The Nativity...


Last night my husband and I went to see the Nativity. It probably won't
get good reviews from movie critics, these kinds of movies rarely do.
However, I LOVED it.
I thought it brought a lot of humaness to Mary and Joseph. It made me think about things I hadn't really considered before. The context of Roman rule made me understand what a messiah really meant to the Israelites. I'd never considered the wise men in that light before - it really was crazy (and expensive) to travel from Persia to Judea to see a star??? Lots of interesting things I'd never considered before, thank you Hollywood.

We will take our girls to see it this week. There is only scene (right at the beginning) that might not be okay for kids - Herod's soldiers killing the babies- so we'll explain it before hand and maybe cover Bella's eyes. But other than that one part, children can watch the movie.

Quote of the Day:
"There should be another word for orange because it sounds like the other orange. Orange the color and orange the fruit sound too much like the same word. If someone says they like orange, do they mean they like orange the color or they like oranges? You wouldn't know. That doesn't make any sense!"
-Rebecca Anne (age 5)




Erica at 8:16 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home