Erica online

Sunday, November 26

I Want My Baby Back...

Rebecca was my first born, and has always looked like a little doll. She has always been an independent girl who wanted to "be big" as soon as she could. I know all mothers say that their children are growing up too fast but this is ridiculous.

Rebecca LOVES teenagers and endeavors to act like them whenever possible. Since before she was even born, I've always had jobs working with youth so she has grown up hanging around teenagers.
Some examples of her teeny-bopper antics?
  • "Mom!!! I can't get dressed, all my GOOD jeans are in the wash!" ( at 3 yrs old)
  • "Hi teenagers! (to a group of 8 high school students) Do you like my hat? Pretty cool huh?" Do you think I'm cool? I think you're cool!" (at 5 years old)
  • Said to a 16 year old high school student "I have two boyfriends you know!" (at 4 yrs old)
  • Angrily slamming her door, "When Daddy gettin' home!" (mad at me when 2 yrs old)
This weekend the littlest teenager struck again. I thought I would let my sweet little 5 year old have a playdate with a little buddy from kindergarten. The other little girl had called and asked if Rebecca could play so I agreed. I picked up the other girl to take them to play structure.

What do I hear from the back seat of the van from my sweet little girl?

"We're going to go play now because its the weekend, and we have NO school. High five for no school!" The girls then high five each other.

I'm thinking, what happened to my little girl who was so excited to ride the bus to kindergarten, now she is high fiving no school?!?! As I'm grappling with this information Rebecca yells from the back seat, "Hey Mom! Turn on the radio, we wanna listen to some rock n' roll music!"

Who is this freakin' kid? Skipping school and rock n' roll music should be on the "cool" radar when you are in kindergarten. But that's not all, in the course of my conversations with her and this other kid (who is six by the way....clearly a bad sign) I find out how the other kid came to call our house.
The girls decided at kindergarten that they should hang out on the weekend, so Rebecca gave the other girl her phone number all by herself and the kid called without the other mother knowing anything about it! The first phone call was not initiated by either parent.
She is setting up her own playdates!
Where will this madness end?

I want my baby back!
Erica at 5:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home