Erica online

Monday, November 13

Travel Bug in Coma...

We returned last night from our sojourn to Regina. We went to a church we like there for a conference. A lot of very excited people who were very wild and not too concerned about how it looked from the outside.
Let me tell you, it looked mighty silly from the outside but who asked me right? I admire their life and excitement. Kinder, nicer, more welcoming people, you could not find. It was a treat.

As I said, we returned late last night and took this day to recooperate as a family. We locked the doors and stayed in together playing games, painting, doing puzzles and reading books. Family time with no agenda and as Bella put it, "its so nice to not work, work, work!" Tomorrow we will have to go back out and face the world-work, school, meetings- but for today it just the smell of chicken noodle soup, and the four of us cuddling in our p.j.s together in our big bed.

It is so nice to be home. We travel alot and take our kids who love to travel as well. They are always saying, "where are we going this week?" I love their sense of adventure as much as I satiate my own with road trips, camping and jaunts here and there.

But this time, returning home felt different. There was no thought of the next trip or any fear of monotony. It was a sense of peace and relief. I was glad to be home and I still am.

I'm not saying the travel bug in me is dead. Just in a coma. For now.
Erica at 4:59 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home