Erica online

Friday, November 3

SealesToberFest...

I sat here this evening wondering why I am so tired. I haven't blogged much in the last little while, except to play around with some pics of my kids. So I thought I'd recap about what October was for the Seales family...what have I been doing?
  • Went to a lovely evening of song, prose and entertainment by Steve Bell and Adrian Plass with my equally entertaining sister
  • Visited with Rebecca and shared a plate of fries `a la Lynn Lake, and of course I met the lovely Little Miss She aka Chocolate Button and chatted with Erin
  • Chatted with my own mommy going for coffee and meals to have some face-to-face
  • Went to a movie with mom, we saw "The Queen" (interesting perspective)
  • Played several games of volleyball which had my body communicating with my brain "STOP!! Stop now you freak! Do you know how OLD you are???"
  • Went on two field trips to the Children's Museum -one with each of my daughter's schools
  • Baked various cookies, muffins, cakes and other yummy things
  • Went on a 10 hour drive to visit my mom's family for Thanksgiving and caught up with cousins I hadn't seen in 10 years
  • Wrote in my journal and pondered about God and the church
  • Wrote grants to fund community programs (all of them were approved--Yippee!)
  • Facilitated a Couch Potato Race (yes, couches on wheels with people racing each other) , actually I did that twice!
  • Took my kids to their swimming lessons
  • Read my kids more Robert Munsch books than I care to count
  • Cleaned my house again and again and again and again, and I'll do it again tomorrow
  • Took 44 Grade two kids on a bus ride to the wilderness to go for a hike
  • Trained high school students to work with pre-schoolers -TWICE!
  • Interviewed, hired and trained staff for different youth programs
  • Went to a forum which discussed the state of health in Manitoba schools
  • Fundraised for BOTH daughter's schools - thank goodness for grandparents!
  • Big step - both daughters now have their own library cards! Whoa!
  • Had a play-date with a close friend and her daughters
  • Went for lunch with an old friend from high school
  • Attended more meetings than you could shake a stick at
  • Did dishes, cleaned clothes, vaccuumed floors, and cooked meals
Phew! No wonder I'm so tired. I'm glad October is over. It was busy month. Now we can all rest and let life get back to "normal". What is normal again?
Erica at 5:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home