Erica online

Thursday, November 9

In Need of New Tricks...

A few months ago I posted about playing Hang-man with my kids. At that point it was easy for me to play as they only knew how to spell three words.
The answer was always either Rebecca or Bella or Mama.
Needless to say, I was never "hung".

That free ride is over!
Rebecca discovered she could find words all over the house. She now copies down the word, makes the appropriate number of blanks to fit the word and then draws the hang-man's gallow on the paper. She then brings it to me, and we play with her filling in the blanks with one hand while using the other hand to cover up the word so I can't see the word.

She does it right, and filling in the blanks accordingly with her word --which she can't read so she doesn't even know what it is until the game is over but she plays the game correctly.

I am now executed quite regularly.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to guess words like Shreddies, Hoover, and President's Choice?
Its not easy. She has also figured out that the more letters you find and copy, the harder it is to figure out. I was hung by Barbie Swan Lake yesterday.

She is getting too smart for me already, my hang-men will have no hope of a pardon once she learns to read!
Erica at 10:35 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home