Erica online

Tuesday, December 5

Simulacrum of Mommy...

The other day I told my girls that if they gave me 20 minutes to get the kitchen in order, I would bake cookies with them. It was a deal, they would work on a craft while I cleaned.

As I cleaned, they kept running into the kitchen saying, "Don't look mommy! Its not done yet!"
They set up a barricade so I wouldn't come see what they were doing until it was done.
Isabella put her Dora doll on the stove and said, "keep your eyes on Dora and don't look!"

After half an hour, the girls had me sit down and close my eyes while they presented me with my gift. It is a simulacrum (yes, its a real word!) of mommy! You can't tell from the picture but she is about 4 feet tall, and I think she is absolutely lovely. They did it all by themselves, and I don't think I've ever looked so beautiful! Oh yes! That is my magic wand that I'm holding!

Erica at 11:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home