Erica online

Friday, April 6

Eagles...

DJ got the DVD of the Eagles farewell tour in Australia. We've watched it over and over again.
I have always liked the Eagles music but this is something else.
Watching them perform is such a joy. They dress like your dad or a really weird uncle but its not what they look like that is impressive.

You can see that they love what they are doing, that they love making music and they are enjoying themselves! When they have a solo, you can see the concentration even though they're playing that little bit of music they've played a million times before...they want it to be excellent!

The current "pop stars" are all about how they look, is everyone looking at me, do they want to BE me? Its about shocking, and selling tickets. Most of them don't care about the music rather about how to be a star. Its getting old. The whole thing. I'm not a music connaseur by any stretch of the imagination but I can tell the difference between a cheap immatation and the real deal.

When you watch these "old" rockers make music, they don't care if everyone is looking at them. For all they care, they could be in someone's garage and they'd still have a huge smile on their faces.

I don't know what it is about the Eagles. If its being real, or doing something with excellence, or not caring about the appearance but caring about content. Maybe its the joy they have. Whatever it is...I LIKE it!
Erica at 11:11 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

Being REAL! Is that a common theme anywhere?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally surprised that you like the Eagles. I thought they were devil worshippers. At least that is what I believed when I was in high school and made a convicting decision not to listen to them.

- Lynne
(for some reason it won't let me post being the "real" me.)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Lynne,
I can lend you the concert, I think you'd like them too!
Seeing as we both enjoy devil worship music so much!
HA HA HA
;-)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home