Erica online

Wednesday, April 18

Emotional Well-Being

My mother taught me the importance of knowing yourself, knowing and understanding your feelings. From a young age, she taught her children how to recognize our emotions, and to express them so we could deal with them and have a healthy emotional well-being.

In turn, I have passed this gift on to my children. I want to tell me how they feel, to know how to deal with emotions and understand why they feel the way they feel and how to move on from there. To achieve this goal, I've spent time with them on how to communicate and the importance of letting people know what they are thinking and feeling.

GOOD LORD they talk alot! Sometimes I with they would just shut up for two minutes togeteher!!!! What have I done? Do I sound like that? Who cares if your feelings got hurt because your sister didn't say you're hair looks pretty today? Get over it! Shiza!

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughters. The girls are brilliant, compassionate, super-sensitive and articulate- I'm quite happy about that - but I think its time to learn a new skill...

NOT saying everything you think and feel OUT LOUD is the skill of the week.
Let's take all our thoughts and feelings for just ONE day and NOT say them.
That way mommy will be sane tomorrow! What a great life lesson!
Erica at 10:09 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Dionna said...

I have two girls and they do talk a lot! Sometimes when I hush them, I feel guilty. For when they are teens I hope they will stil want to tell me everything.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

When they decide not to talk, and you want them to...here is a little old wives trick...give them a foot massage and before long they will be spilling the goods!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home