Erica online

Wednesday, April 11

Are You Beautiful???




Don't be too quick to answer.
You could be stunningly beautiful and you just don't have the right make-up artist yet.
Check out these girls!
Finding the proper make-up artist was all it took.

Maybe the face of the average woman isn't the problem, maybe its lack of access to resources.

I think I will write a proposal to the government, urging them to fund average housewives with access to make-up, hair and air-brush artists.

We can beat this epidemic of bad family pictures, and looking like hags in the photos of our kids birthday parties.

Look what it did for these women!
You could be next!

Maybe you're beautiful! Maybe its Maybelline, and Cover Girl, and Max Factor, and Revlon, and a team of make-up people with spray on tan, and four hair guys from the salon! And a personal chef and trainer and a graphic design team with air brush expertise?

Who knows?
Are you beautiful?














































Erica at 8:46 AM

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erica...I lurk over to your blog once and awhile...this is a great post. If you havn't already you should check out Dove's beauty campaign on line...they have some great commercials promoting natural beauty. One of them was even banned from tv in the states because it was "anti-age defying" and highlighted women 50 and older in all the glory of their wrinkles.
This is a topic that hits close to home for me right now as I have a girl in dorm who is struggling with an eating disorder and I have another girl who had plastic surgery done over christmas break...I will stop ranting now.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is to say the "before" picture is not equally beaufiful?

C

3:56 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

C,
Good point!
I think Entertainment Tonight would say the before picture is not as beautiful.
I think I should consider getting rid of my cable, the tv keeps lying to me!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey Ric...next time I am in the Peg, we shall go for make-up lessons together.....I am all for un-natural beauty!!!!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

The pictures of Madonna are VERY different

2:06 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I think everyone can look ugly given the right (or wrong) facial expression.

But, hey, when you get the funding for all that hair and makeup, put me on the list.

My my, what a little lipstick can do.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff H said...

Airbrushing is a wonderful thing...

2:51 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

I watched this video a couple months ago about just this. A girl who has no makeup on and a few blemishes is sitting in a chair and you get to watch step by step the girl become "magazine material". It is discusting how they think women should look like(an alien in my opinion lol) I like these photos a lot. There so funny :)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home