Erica online

Monday, April 9

Not again!

There are certain characteristics I absolutely can NOT stand in people. To use one of my mom's expressions, "it drives me buggy!"

There are certain things people do or say that make me wanna punch them in the mouth.

Yesterday I had a quiet moment of revelation, and I caught a glimspe of myself in the mirror.
I saw a characteristic in myself that I HATE in other people.
Its one of the really annoying
ones that I hate more than any of the others.
Grrrrrrr!!!! I hate it when this happens!

I did not punch myself in the face. I asked God to change me.
Good gracious! I don't want to be that guy/girl! I don't want to judge them but I don't want to be them either! Perhaps I'll have my name legally changed to Judgy McJudgerson.
Erica at 8:26 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Details, please?

What were you doing? Chewing with your mouth open? Smacking your gum? Drooling?

We need to know so we can be sure to annoy, er, not to annoy you the next time we meet.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Yeah...I mean....I totally wanna know what it was too!! haha

Knowing you...I would think it was something having to do with being religious...as i know how much you despise that.

But isn't it true...that in life...the things that we tend to see are the things we are just sensitive to? Perhaps even prone to?

I am of the opinion that if you sit in your company (or church) and tend to find holes in a certain area...or a certain area tends to bug you because it's not up to par....you are probably CALLED to that area!

If we don't SEE our weaknesses...how EVER can we stand against them????

11:38 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yvonne,
BINGO! Religious crap strikes again.
Ron,
Nothing as mundane as bad manners, its more of the triple threat of religious attitudes:
Judgment, Pride and Arrogance.
I'm pretty sure they strike in that order too!
Judge: "Ew! Look at that crap!"
Pride: "I'm glad I'm not like that"
Arrogrance: "Look at me! Aren't I wonderful! I'm glad I'm not like that guy!"

Here's the kicker!
I can be THAT guy!

Yvonne,
You're right.
Step one: seeing it in ourselves. Step two: God help!
:)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Don't you justHATE it when that happens

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I think most of us (I mean me) say those things but don't realize the labels they represent.

Does the phrase, "if that guy can do that, I can too" count the same as the kicker?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home