Erica online

Thursday, August 28

How is it possible that I am married and have two kids, when I still feel like I
am only 16 years old?

It seems to me like there is some kind of time warp that you step into once you have kids.
All of the sudden, life is going at 12X its normal rate of speed. You become so busy doing what needs to be done just to survive, that when you stop to take a breath, two years have gone by. You may not remember much from those two years, (due to sleep deprivation) but the evidence suggests that you have two small children. The evidence of children is hard to miss, but just in case someone out there isn't sure if they have kids.
Here's how you can tell:
-if your house has toys, books, and clothing articles strewn about the floors/furniture
-if there is an odd smell in your home, a mix sour milk, rotting cheese and poop
-if you're really tired and can't remember how to make toast
-you can recite the words to innumerable nursery rhymes and you can't get the teletubbies theme song out of your head
and finally, if there are any number of tiny people squealing and streaking through your house. Wake up! You had kids!

Seriously, I have moments where I haven't changed a bit since I was 16 (on the inside) and still feel fun, vibrant and ready for adventure. In those moments, I look at my kids and think, "who is your mommy? let me know her name and I'll take you cute little girls to her".
Its a weird feeling. It lasts only a minute or so but its really freaky. Most of time, while raising kids, you haven't got the time to think about stuff like that but when it happens, it can freak a person out.

Hey, maybe I'm having a mini-mid-life crisis! Wouldn't that be fun? Hmmmm....if this any kind of life crisis, does that mean I have the right to do something outrageous? I'm always up for that! Usually, it just means I cut my hair, but I could go for something different. Maybe its time for a tattoo! I'll think about it.....slowly feeling my courage dissipate.......maybe I'll go paint my nails.
Erica at 8:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home